Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's been awhile...

So, I never did explain my first post.  Why did I start this blog?  What does "the good land" have to do with my life and what I am experiencing right now?

Well...

When I started this blog, I was about 8 weeks pregnant and now I am 32 weeks (well...31 and 5/7 weeks).  A lot has changed, and a lot more is going to change in the coming weeks and months.  My "to do" list keeps getting longer and my sleep continues to get shorter (as does my memory).  These past few months have been difficult at times:  Austin was at the police academy in Des Moines for my entire first trimester and now that he has been back he has been "forced" lots of extra hours.  Our time together is short, but we make a point to cherish and protect it, especially as we look toward a big lifestyle change with the addition of a little one.

Even though things have been less-than ideal at times, we believe that the Lord is bringing us into a good land.  He desires to bless his children.  We have seen this in many ways throughout the almost four years of our marriage.  And children are a blessing from the Lord.

We anxiously await the arrival of God's latest blessing.
A son.
Name to be released at a later date.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment