Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A baby shower and "a serious case of pregnancy"

On Saturday my sister threw me a great baby shower!  A lot of my friends from my adult Bible fellowship and Bible study, along with some wonderful co-workers and my mom and mother-in-law came to the shower to show their support.  I feel so blessed.  A good childhood friend of mine, Jenn Dvorak, lead the baby shower games and brought some amazing cupcakes from Jules bakery.  (She definitely deserves kudos because not only was the shower right after a busy fair week, but my shower was her second baby shower of the day!).

I don't have any pictures of the day...yet, but I hope to add some later.  However, I did take a picture of the amazing diaper cake that my co-worker Abbi made:

Diaper cake with lots of "goodies"- pacifiers, teethers, onesies, socks, bath essentials and a cute security blanket

I am hoping to get some photos of the party itself and I will post them when i can.  But in other news:
I have gotten HUGE.  Seriously, I feel like now that I am obviously pregnant, every time I eat something my belly grows.  In fact, today I was working triage and some nice gentlemen said to me "it looks like you have a serious case of pregnancy."  Now I suppose that can sound mean, but I could tell he was being sincere and interested in my pregnancy.  Most of the patients I take care of don't comment on the fact that I am obviously pregnant...unless I get a really severe kick that makes me react.  Many patients still expect that I will pick them up, boost them in bed, and a lot of patient's family members won't give up a chair for me when I am starting a patient's IV...so I end up trying to balance on my knees on the ground...makes for a long day...

Which brings me to more news: As of Monday, I am part-time! I needed to cut back on hours because the 12 hour shifts were getting to be too much for me...I was having braxton-hicks contractions at about 10 hours  of being on my feet, and feeling lightheaded, dizzy and even short of breath just talking with my patients!  So my wonderful husband convinced me it was time to cut back on my hours.  I am so thankful that I have such a wonderful, supportive husband!  So today was my second 8 hour day shift and I feel so much better.  I am less stressed out when I am at work, I sleep better, have fewer aches and pains and I can actually get some things done (which is going to come in handy since my "to do before baby" list is very long...). I had better start tackling that list.

But before I forget: I was at the grocery store this afternoon buying a few groceries and the cashier (a sweet teenage boy named Richard) asked me if I would like to drive up to get my groceries.  I responded to him, "do you ask me that because I am fat?"  The poor guy's face got really red...he felt so bad.  But I told him I was completely joking and that I appreciated his concern.  

That makes me think: I must be getting big!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

1 comment:

  1. It seems everything is normal. Your are expecting a baby First time,, so you may get various thoughts in mind related to your physicality and what people speak and behave with you. Be happy to help your child come inot this world happily.

    A Warm Wishes to you on your Baby Shower Invitations

    ReplyDelete